It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect the freight for damage upon receipt while the driver is still there. Damaged shipments should be refused or received with notation of apparent damage on the delivery receipt. If you find any damage after the driver leaves it is your responsibility to file a claim with the freight company. All shipments are insured by the freight carrier. We will replace any damaged doors in prompt fashion.
If you have a warranty inquiry on any item purchased from Doors4Home please call us toll free 1-877-929-3667.
All warranty claims must be accompanied with pictures illustrating the problematic area and full view of the door. Claims for exterior doors must also include pictures of the entire entry including any overhang (or lack of).
Please note that it is the manufacturer's discretion to accept or deny any claim.
IMPORTANT: Doors4Home is not responsible for transportation, shipping, removal, finishing, labor, installation charges or costs incurred in replacing a product or any other costs relating to the replacement of a product. In addition, Doors4Home shall not be responsible for indirect, consequential or incidental damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
Do NOT cut, trim or finish a door, sidelite or transom before it has been fully inspected. Once the product has been modified it cannot be returned.
Door care guidePlease follow the instructions below as it is part of the terms of sale.
IMPORTANT: Unfinished Doors must be finished, sealed or suitably protected no later than 14 days after arriving at the jobsite. Wood doors may swell or twist and wood components may split or crack if not finished within 14 days. Failure to finish the unit within 14 days may cause product damage and may void the limited warranty
- Doors must be stored flat on a level surface in a dry, well ventilated building.
- Avoid dragging doors across one another and keep doors clean.
- Doors should be conditioned to average prevailing relative humidity of the locality before hanging.
- Doors should not be subject to extreme or rapid changes in heat or humidity. Avoid sudden changes such as forced heat to dry out a building.
- If the doors are to be stored on the job site, all ends and edges must be sealed with an effective quality oil-base sealer in order to prevent undue moisture absorption.
- Doors must be fully sealed on all six sides (including on back of hinges, under the door shoes) within 24 hours of installation.
- Stained doors must have at least three finish coats of polyurethane in order to protect doors.
- All doors must have adequate protection against direct sunlight, rain, wind, abnormal heat and sudden change in temperature. Overhang must be located right above the door. The minimum standard requirement for a 80” tall door is 48” of overhang projected out to the front and to each side of the door, for an 96” door it is 60” of overhang projected out to the front and to each side of the door.
- Do not expose stained doors or dark painted color doors to direct sunlight in order to avoid cracking and warping.
- For doors with southern and southwestern exposure you must have additional over-hang, in order to protect the door against direct sunlight.
- Do not install a glass storm door in front a wood door.
- Doors will not be warranted if finished with a water base top-coat, lacquer, or white wash.
- Do not expose doors to stucco or water work or use them during ongoing construction.